Here's my take - and let me warn you - OPINION ALERT - feel free to to disagree!
The Rules To Accepting Critiques
- If you don't want opinions - than don't ask. Make sure you actually want to know.
- Ask the opinion of a person you supposedly trust. Make sure that person is qualified to give a good critique.
- Also ask a person to critique that you agree with their design aesthetic. (Okay I'll admit it - there are artists out there that are world famous that I think - OMG - who in the world would buy that drivel. Obviously, I don't get them and probably I wouldn't be a good person to ask for critique of their work. As if they're asking. . . grin)
- Accept the fact that you aren't always going to agree with the opinion - listen anyways
- After reflection, take action. You might change your work, you might not - you might just remember the critique for your next piece. You are in control of Your art - You did not give up the power by asking for a critique
- And Last but its the biggest for me - the critique isn't personal although art is
But who wants to be honest with oneself???
As you can see I got the blocking done this week. OMG - it was a lot of work but worth it. I ended up having a Tim Gunn moment and told myself to edit it down and Make it Work! The arches were taking over the piece and two distinct pieces were emerging. With a quick edit that 2/3rds to 1/3rd relationship was achieved and the piece was more pleasing. I guess they don't call it Golden for nothin'!
Gosh my studio is a mass of green, teal and brown scraps!! I must be having a love affair with brown this year - I gotta dye up a bunch for the third time in less than a year since I've depleted my stash!
So What have you been up to Creatively??